Recruitment Information for a Project Specialist, Tokyo College
Project Specialist (Fixed-term Project Academic and Administrative Staff)
No. of Posts:
Tokyo College Team, International Strategy Group, Management Planning Department, The University of Tokyo
Place of Work:
Hongo Campus, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
1 November 2020 to 31 March 2021
(Contract may be renewed on a yearly basis based on budget availability and evaluation of work performance.)
6 months from start of employment
(1) Translation of various notifications, brochures and other documents related to the Tokyo College into English
(2) Translation of various notifications, brochures and other documents as required by the International Strategy Group
(3) Native-level proofreading of English documents related to the Tokyo College
(4) Native-level proofreading of English documents related to the International Strategy Group
(5) Other administrative work involved with the activities of the Tokyo College Team of the International Strategy Group
(1) Applicant must be proficient in both Japanese and English
(2) Applicant must be skilled in translating documents from Japanese into English
(3) Applicant must be competent in carrying out variety of internationally related planning, liaising and coordinating activities
(4) Applicant must have practical experience in international related activities
Monday to Friday, 5 days a week
Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays and end-of-year/New Years (29 Dec ~ 3 Jan) – non-working days
09:00 to 17:45 (Lunch break: 12:00-13:00)
Salary will be in accordance with the provisions specified in the University of Tokyo Rules on Application of the Annual Salary System
Merit based allowances, commuting allowance (subject to meeting necessary requirements) and overtime allowance
Social Insurances, etc.:
Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Mutual Aid Association and Employment Ensurance
Applications must arrive by Friday, 25 September 2020
University specified personal and employment history forms
The forms may be downloaded from
Additionally, qualifications or proof of language proficiency should be stated and provided without fail. If there are no qualifications or proof of language proficiency, such fact shall also be clearly stated.
Reasons for application (no specified format)
Provide reason for your application in relation to part or all of the above-mentioned duties including English-language skills other general administrative skills to accomplish them in Japanese and English, using no more than one A4 sized sheet each.
Written tests and interviews will follow for those who pass the document selection process.
The written tests may take place several times.
Only those selected for an interview will be notified of the date and time by telephone or email.
Successful candidate will be notified individually.
Mr. T. Ikeda, International Strategy Group, Management Planning Group, The University of Tokyo
The University of Tokyo
Send Applications to:
Mr. T. Ikeda
International Strategy Group
Management Planning Department
The University of Tokyo
* Please write 経営企画部国際戦略課特任専門職員応募書類 in red ink on the envelope when sending.
(Application for Project Specialist, International Strategy Group Enclosed)
* Please be aware that application documents will not be returned.
The application form will be used only for the purpose of this application, and personal information will not be disclosed, transferred, or lent to any third parties without due cause.
* No travel expenses incurred during the selection process will be paid.